Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween

This is a little late, but I have been working a lot lately. I decided to start out Halloween by giving Scamper some orange cereal. He doesn't love rice cereal anymore, but I feed it to him fairly often with fruit in it, and he eats it just fine. I thought he would hate the orange cereal. Well, he gave the spoon a good try, and then decided to dig in. He actually let me feed him every last bite of that cereal. And with no fruit in it! Who knew?
Since I had to work Halloween night, a friend and I went trick-or-treating pretty early at the mall. It went pretty quick, but at least we got to dress up our kids.
Here is a close-up of my little Chewbacca. Isn't he the cutest wookiee ever? I think so.
My friend and I dressed up too. We were having a contest at work for the best Halloween costume, so I decided to go with Cindy Lou-Who again.
Later that night, The Hubby took Scamper trunk-or-treating at our church. Here is Scamper admiring all the candy we won't let him have.
Then the next day (Saturday) I finished some Halloween projects I hadn't gotten around to yet. Here are some cupcakes I made and decorated. I got this idea from a magazine, and I thought they were just so cute! (Not really sure why the picture posted sideways.)
A view from the side!
And then we carved the pumpkins that have been sitting around for a while. Scamper didn't really know what was going on, but The Hubby and I had a lot of fun.

Here are the final products.
My pumpkin:
The Hubby's pumpkin:
We had a really great Halloween. How was yours?

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmmm...cupcakes! I think your pumpkin is way better than The Hubbies!

brittany said...

Love the costumes. Your little guy is so adorable!!

janae said...

Okay, I am so in love with that wookiee costume! How funny! And your hair as a Who is AWESOME. I have no clue how you got it to do that, but it is amazing. And those cupcakes are so great - what magazine did you get the idea from? Elijah's birthday is in a couple weeks and I'm really tempted to copy you. :)

Jenni said...

I loved your costume. I hope you got first place. I also have to agree with you, Scamper is the cutest little Wookiew I have ever seen.

Cara said...

Okay, LOVED the wookie costume and your Who costume. So cute! And the eyes on your pumpkin are so cool! Love it! And I really loved your cupcakes! I want to know which magazine you got the idea from. I need to keep that idea on file. I loved it!

Rachel and John said...

cute,cute,cute...I always love looking at you blog!
miss you guys! Love Rach

TNS MOM said...

Really cute costume! I'm excited to see your cutie in a few weeks.

Loraleigh said...

The cupcakes turned out good. Did you win anything at work?

Jackson's said...

I absolutely love your little boys costume and those cupcakes are amazing.

Cederberg Family said...

Cute costumes! I love yours!! Great pumpkins too!!

GustoBones said...

Those cupcakes are awesome!! And you are right, I think your little guy is the cutest wookie ever! Looks like you guys had a fun holiday!

Asialene said...

What a fun Halloween! I love the costumes, pumpkins and cupcakes! You are so creative and the cutest mom.

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

You make a fabulous Cindy Lou Who. And that is the most darling Chewbacca ever!