Success!!!
I never even thought about potty training until Scamper initiated it. He wanted to sit on the potty every time I did, so I let him. Well, he starting GOING every time he was sitting on the potty. So I decided to give it a try. Lots of times he is just silly. He says he needs to go, squeezes out a tiny bit, and then asks for his treat. I know I am in for some accidents, and I'm not even sure how to begin on potty training for naps and nighttime. But for now, little Scamper is (according to me) officially potty trained! Yeah!



6 comments:
Oh, so not fair! I've been working on Keyton since the beginning of summer. He'll sit and play and use it as an excuse to not get in the bath or stay in bed, but he has yet to actually GO in the potty.
Yay for you! Sounds like it wasn't bad at all!
Congratulations!! And good for you for waiting for him to initiate it - it is SOOOOOO much easier than trying to force it on them! BTW, the going all the time for the treat thing gets better. For the first few days I swear Elijah went every 20 minutes all day long. But after a while it died off (as did treats). If he had a couple accidents in a row, we'd re-instigate the m&ms, and TA-DA! he suddenly stopped having accidents!
He is sooo cute!!!
That is great. It is a wonderful day when they start using the potty!!!
Congrats! My trick for naps and night time is to limit the amount of fluid for one hour before sleep, make them sit on the potty right before they get in bed. Of course I use pull ups during sleep time for a while, just because I hate washing sheets. He looks so proud of himself. That is great!
Post a Comment