Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day Getaway!

I have such good relatives! I can't believe how blessed I am. First of all, my aunt and uncle let me use their cabin this weekend. They could easily have said no, but they were very generous to share it. Secondly, I got to spend the entire weekend with my in-laws and I have come to the conclusion that I have the greatest in-laws in the world. They are all so much fun and I get along great with all of them (parents, brothers, and sister).

I asked off work, because we had to go up north for a wedding (the Hubby's cousin), so we decided we might as well make it a good long weekend. Since the Hubby's family was all going to be there for the wedding, we all wanted to 'hang out' together for the weekend. So that is exactly what we did. We attended the wedding, luncheon, and reception for our cousin, and then we headed to my aunt and uncle's cabin.
Besides a lot of eating and relaxing, here is what we did:

A little recycling (Scamper is helping Grandma step on cans--so cute!)

Played some games.
Played the game Curses--have you ever played it? Posed for a picture in front of the cabin. It was really nice inside, and it was tucked back off the road and just surrounded by beauty. These are my in-laws: Dad, Mom, 3 brothers, and 1 sister (yeah--they just got married in January).

Stayed warm (I totally forgot a jacket or sweater for Scamper, so we had to make do with Grandma's shirt--very flattering).

Walked down to the creek by the cabin, which was cascading with water.

And did a little hiking around.
Thanks to my aunt and uncle for letting us use the cabin. And thanks to my family for coming, and enjoying this wonderful getaway with us.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

what fun! i love that game curses--i haven't played it in years.

Megan said...

sounds like a fun weekend. My family love to play Curses! Such a silly game!

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

Curses really is hilarious.

By the way, it seems like you guys go on vacation a LOT!! (o: I think I need a vacation. Aren't the ones with family (that you like) just the best though?

Cara said...

So fun. Curses is a great game. We are always exhausted after we play though! :) Glad you had fun at the cabin. :)

brittany said...

looks like the perfect weekend! i'm going to have to check the curses game out. we love games.

Jenni said...

Where up north was it? It looks beautiful and I'm glad you had so much fun with your husband's family. I love the big sweater on Scamper.

janae said...

Man, I love that cabin. So beautiful, so relaxing, and so nice to break away from the world! I love the pics of Scamper in your mom-in-law's shirt. That is soooo funny! (By the way, I really, really need to play Curses. I never have, but I've heard all about it.)