Saturday, May 2, 2009

Race Day

So race day finally arrived. I was nervous, excited, anxious, exhausted, and many more things too. Here I am below at 4:45 AM getting ready to leave. The worst part was waking up little Scamper that early in the morning. I thought he would go right back to sleep in the car, but he didn't. I woke him up just before 5 AM, and he didn't go back to sleep until the race started at 6:30 AM. And then he only slept about half of it. So he was pretty tired by nap time. This is Scamper and me just before we crossed the finish line. He did so good in the stroller. When he woke up he just ate his cereal and was perfectly content. The race was a lot harder than I thought it would be. There was SO much uphill, I never thought I would make it. But we crossed the finish line at 2:03:34. Didn't get any medals, but we finished in a good time. We ran a 9.25 minute mile. I am glad it is over and happy to say I accomplished this.



11 comments:

Cara said...

Good job! That is so awesome! I'm glad Scamper did well. And I love the shirt you are wearing. :)

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

Yea!!! You are amazing! How far was this race?

Loraleigh said...

good job! i'll never understand what possessed you to do it, but i'm forever impressed that you did. :)

GustoBones said...

Good job!!!

brittany said...

congratulations! i am seriously so impressed that you ran all that way and pushing your little guy.

janae said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I think 9.25 minute miles are FAST. I usually do 11-13 minute miles when I run distance. It is so cool that you pushed the baby in the stroller, too. You are amazing!

Unknown said...

You are seriously me hero! (I like the shirt too) :)

Babydoll said...

My race was a half marathon. I'm not really sure why I didn't mention that in my post. So 13.1 miles.

Jenni said...

I want to start running again. That race looked like a lot of fun and I think it's cool that you ran with scamper the whole time. Wow 13 miles, and I thought the 5K was a killer.

Lyndi said...

Wow. I'm seriously SO impressed! Running a half marathon in 9.25 minute miles the whole way - that just seems impossible to me. You must be some sort of superhero or something. I feel like I'm going to die after a half hour of jogging and I'm not running nearly as fast as you are. Wow. I'm in awe.

The Georges said...

You look great! Good job on the race; that is a good time.