Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Lake Powell 2009

Our annual trip to Lake Powell was as wonderful as ever. It was nice to get away for an entire week. We come back to you tired, sore, tan, and happy! Enjoy the snapshots of our week (of course we took hundreds of pictures, so I had to weed through them all)!
Scamper kayaking with my niece.


Checking it all out!


Knee-boarding (I know I make it look so easy!) I can't seem to find any wake-boarding or skiing pictures, but we did it all!

Relaxing in the boat.


Hiking and climbing in small caves. Scamper wasn't afraid at all.

Of course, LOTS of mud.

A very slow tubing ride.

Cliff jumping (safely and responsibly). I am jumping with my brother-in-law and his girlfriend. We hope she stays in the family! :)

Sleeping wherever.

Collecting rocks.

Happy 4th of July!

Mom and Dad doing all the work. So much for a leisurely float!

More cliff jumping!

At the top of Hole in the Rock. If you don't know this Pioneer story, it is amazing. We usually hike it every year.
Thanks to the Hubby's grandparents for putting a lot of time and money into a houseboat so we can have this fabulous family vacation every year (and, of course, it is just an extra perk that my mom and step-dad get invited every year). Life doesn't get much better than this.

7 comments:

Loraleigh said...

looks like you had a lot of fun. that's a great picture of you cliff jumping with the sun in the back. i'm glad you're home though. call me!

Rachel and John said...

Totally JEALOUS!!! Looks like it was a blast...love the pic of the three of you on the 4th! Scampers face is priceless!! What a crack up! Hope all it well!

Natalie said...

what a fun, fun trip! i don't think i'd be brave enough to cliff jump. i admire you. oh, and that last picture on your blog (with everyone jumping) is awesome!

Cara said...

Wow. That looked like so much fun! I loved the hubby's shirt in the 4th of July picture. How perfect! :)

Unknown said...

Looks like fun as ever!

janae said...

Okay, I'm in love with the last jumping picture! It turned out really well! As soon as my kids can jump like that, we are so getting pictures doing the same thing. :) I also love the pic of Scamper sleeping between the legs - sooooo sweet! How fun that the family has the house boat!

GustoBones said...

Looks like a very fun trip indeed!!! I love Lake Powell