I have the best mom in the world (that would include my step-dad too). They came down to stay with us for a week and we had the best time ever. Not only does she help me with any project I want to get done, she is so helpful with Scamper that it is like getting a week vacation. Here are some of the fun things we did while they were in town:
*went swimming at our pool

*went swimming at the local community center

*played at the park

*scrapbooked (I got my scrapbook almost completely caught up)

*made fresh salsa from our garden (thanks mom for the pressure cooker) as well as home-made granola (not pictured) YUMMY!

While they were here, we also did a lot of things at night. A couple of times I got a babysitter and the rest of the time my mom watched Scamper while we went out. We saw Harry Potter (this was the first Harry Potter that I didn't go see the midnight showing--sometimes getting 'old' is no fun), High School Musical 2 done by Tuachan High School, Transformers, Annie Get Your Gun done by St. George Musical Theater, and went to the temple. My mom also helped me with some things I had been wanting to do around the house and in the front yard. I mean, seriously, you don't get moms any better than mine. Thanks again Mom (and step-dad)!
After my mom came and stayed, I decided to go home for almost a week. I'm not sure why--I guess just because I can! Well, my mom and step-dad were hiking in Yellowstone, so I spent the week with my sister. We had so much fun! She was just as wonderful with Scamper and was fine doing whatever I wanted while I was there. Here are a few highlights from this trip:
*bath time with an audience

*not happy AT ALL that bath time was over

*entertaining himself with cars while at the fair

*playing with cars (well, riding cars)--my sister has every Chevron car out there (even more than I do), so she got the whole tub out and let Scamper go to town

*coloring while we scrapbooked (I got Scamper's book completely caught up) and made cards

*playing on the tramp with cousins after swimming in their pool


*watching my nieces show and sell their pigs at the fair
7 comments:
so nice that your mom helped you with so much! it looks like you did a lot of fun things! i love homemade salsa. it's the best.
also way fun that you were able to go home for a week and spend time with your sister and nieces. p.s. i just have to comment again that i really like your hair.
I forgot about your hair until I saw that last picture and then I was shocked all over again! You look so cute! :) (I obviously didn't look at the first picture close enough.) :) How fun to have so much family time. You are my link to your whole family, so it's fun to see pictures of them too. :)
that pool looks like so much fun!
Yep, I was also at the fair on Friday too. I can't believe we completely missed each other. We aren't planning on going up to Idaho again until Christmas so if you think you will be up at that time definitely give me a call.
Your mom really is the best! I love when family take your kids and you get a break. I mean, DATES! Woohoo! So lucky!
Wow! I didn't know it was actually possible to be caught up on scrapbooks. I think in mine I just had my first baby. That's only, um, 8 years behind. Rats!
Looks like a very fun visit! Isn't it great that you can take your work with you(scamper). Family is great!
Post a Comment