Wednesday, September 9, 2009

1/2 + 1/2 = WHOLE

Last Saturday I ran another 1/2 marathon. So now that I have run two 1/2 marathons in one year, does that mean I can cross marathon off my list? :) Well, the good news is I finished. That's about it. I didn't do nearly as good as I would have liked. But it is my fault. For my last race, I trained for about 4 months. For this race, I trained about 2 weeks. So I was NOT ready, and I shouldn't have done it. But I did it anyway. My last race I finished in 2:03 and I was pushing Scamper. This race I finished in 2:10 and I was running alone. Kind of embarrassing! But in my defense, I wasn't feeling that great, and I waited AT LEAST 7 minutes to use the port-a-potty along the way. So those are my excuses! But I finished the race. At least I can say that much. (And the first picture is at 5 in the morning, so I know it looks cheesy!)


5 comments:

s g said...

congrats...I say COUNT it...that is awesome, training for 2 weeks? You are amazing :)

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

Yea for you! You rock!

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

Yea for you! You rock!

janae said...

For the record, I did my half marathon in 3:05, so I think you are a GODDESS. Congrats!

GustoBones said...

Good for you!! Congrats.