Thursday, September 3, 2009

TWO!

My baby just turned two yesterday! I'm not sure how I feel about it just yet, but he sure has grown. We had a nice celebration for him.





Opening presents.








Fishing for a prize!




Eating Finding Nemo cake. Thanks to my good friend for letting me use all her cake decorating supplies and helping me make the cake. She is an expert--I am just a beginner. But I am happy with how the cake turned out, since it was my first one.


And for Scamper's main gift, he got a trike. I found this beauty at a garage sale for $3.


Then I bought a can of spray paint and turned it into this. Much more manly!



He sure loves it! He loved everything about his party. Thanks to everyone who came and celebrated with us!



Here are some things I want to remember about Scamper at this age:


  • he says about 25 words or so--just like walking, he is in no hurry to talk

  • he listens really well when I ask him to do something

  • he loves to 'help' me clean (dust, do laundry, etc.)

  • he says please and thank you without being prompted

  • he can lift his legs off the ground, but still hasn't quite grasped the jumping concept

  • he LOVES books and will 'read' them for hours at a time

  • he loves cars and anything that goes

  • he likes you to acknowledge everything he says --if you don't he will just keep repeating it

  • animals don't have names, they are known only by their sounds (except for duck)

  • he can spot a cow from miles away, even when driving on the freeway

  • he gets SUPER excited when his daddy comes home, and can tell he is home before I can

I LOVE YOU SCAMPER! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Welcome to the terrible two's! Enjoy it, this age sure is an ever-changing and entertaining one. Good idea painting the pink trike. :)

Catie Smith said...

Oh he is so cute! I wish we could have been there.

brittany said...

i am very impressed with your reinvention of the trike. happy birthday scamper.

janae said...

Happy birthday to him! I love the trike renovation, too. Brilliant. My kids still can't pedal because I haven't introduced trikes and I'm kicking myself over it. Good move on your part.

ps. in response to Kelli's comment - terrible twos are so relative. My mom says her kids were hardest from 1-2, not 2-3. Mine tend to be hard from 18 months to 2 1/2. I think it depends more on the mom than anything else. Scamper is a sweetheart, I'm sure you'll be great!

Jenni said...

The cake is so fun. Looks like you did a very good job spoiling the birthday boy. The bike looks amazing.