We got chickens! I know, it's crazy, but I have wanted to have my own chickens for a very long time. So this year I used my birthday money to buy 6 chicks and a chicken coop. The boys couldn't be more happy. They love the chicks and hold them all the time. This yellow one is Scamper's favorite. He says he will be the one to get her eggs when she gets older!
Lollie. Hedwig. Ginger. Little Red. Snapshot. Po. (Scamper helped name them)
It was quite the feat to get the chicken coop into our backyard. It was a good thing my dad and family were here to help. The gate wasn't wide enough, so we had to lift it over our back fence.
Can't say I wasn't impressed to see my dad climbing over the wall!
I'm am so glad to finally have my chickens. I don't think the chickens feel the same way though. They don't get very much alone time when the boys are awake! :)



3 comments:
So fun! We want chickens! And bees.:)
Can't say I've ever even considered having chickens. But hey, glad you got what you wanted!
I can't believe you actually did it. Congrats!
Post a Comment