
This last Saturday was my 10K (6.4 miles). I was excited to do it, but a little nervous because I have only ever run a 5K before.

Here I am crossing the finish line. And can you guess what my time was? I wasn't trying to get done in a certain time, I just wanted to do it. But I was secretly hoping I could do it in 1 hour and 4 minutes, because that would be 10 minute miles. But I didn't really think I could do it. Turns out I did even better than that! My ending time was 55 minutes, 40 seconds. So that means I did just over 8 1/2 minute miles. I was thrilled!

It sure feels good to be able to say I did this! And Scamper loves to be in the stroller, so it makes it even better. I just hope my 1/2 marathon in May goes this well!
13 comments:
You're my hero!
Excellent job! Way to go!
You are amazing! Which race do you think you like best? I have a choice between 5K and 10K for the one in August. What do you think?
very impressive, Boston! Good work!
Wow! Way to go! You killed your goal time! Good luck with the 1/2 marathon!
Wow, I am SO impressed! And with a stroller too! One day I will try running some sort of race. One day... :)
Yay for you!! That was super fast, too. Okay, compared to me. I LOVED the 10K I ran. My time was more like 1:20. That's what I get for not prepping as well as I should have. ;) Good luck as you train for the 1/2!
congrats...that is awesome, I am sure you will rock the half marathon!!
Congratulations! That is quite the feat. I am proud of you and your aspirations.
Wow, that's something that I will probably never accomplish. Even when I was alone (no strollers to push) and in good shape I still had slower miles than that...much slower actually...sigh.
You rock girl!!! I hope to get back into running after the baby!!
You go girl. That's an awesome time. I wish I were better at running.
Way to go!!!
Post a Comment