Monday, April 6, 2009

A garden and some Conference

Let me tell you something so cool! There is a generous couple in our ward that decided they wanted to donate a large portion of their unused land for a ward garden. So anyone interested in having a spot to plant, just had to let them know. But not only that, they were involved in doing all the work to prepare the garden for planting. They tilled the land and set up an irrigation system. All we had to do was plant. Well, finally everything was ready, so we planted our first garden. I have wanted to do this for so long, but we have never had the space. Now we do! Here it is before we began.
Here is the Hubby and Scamper planting. We planted seeds for radishes, cauliflower, spinach, cucumbers, and onions. But we decided to go with plants for peppers, tomatoes, and artichoke. I don't have the best track record when it comes to growing things, but we're hoping the garden will turn out.

Scamper helping me water the plants.

Cooling off and doing a little work in our front yard.


And as for General Conference, the Hubby and I got a lot out of it. We were able to listen to most of the talks without much distraction. But this picture is only a little taste of what our house actually looked like after Conference was over. Scamper stayed very entertained, but we pretty much let him do whatever he wanted!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

how cool! i think it would be so neat to have a garden. fresh vegetables...yum!

Cara said...

How exciting about the garden! Good for you for taking advantage of the opportunity!

As for conference...I love the picture. :) I thought about doing a before and after picture. By the end of the last session, things were a bit crazy! :) Glad it's not only our house. :)

Rachel and John said...

That is so cool about the garden thing! Im jealous...alright...I have no idea how to grow stuff...but Im still jealous! I love the after being hosed down picture...too cute!
He is growing up so fast!
Miss you guys!
*Rach (aka: great lady)

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

That ward garden is such a fabulous idea! I would love to do something like that. We are so far into the trees that we don't get much sun on our yard.

My house looked just like that after Conference too! (o: Whatever works, right?

janae said...

lol - we play the nearly-anything-goes game during conference, too! Our house ends up such a wreck! This year I actually disappeared some of their toys about three months before and then brought them out again just as the first speaker started each session. It was brilliant! (And obviously inspired. I'm not that smart.)

I'm so impressed by your garden. I was so excited to plant one at our house in Spanish Fork, and then we moved the first year I could finally do it. :( I'm hoping we can get a house soon that has room for a garden! Good luck with growing everything. If you come up with any brilliant tips, please let me know. I'm not so hot when it comes to growing things either!

Okay, okay, almost done! I just want to say that the picture of Scamper being hosed off is my FAVORITE! That is soooo cute!

GustoBones said...

I was able to listen to most of conference, inbetween my oldest kids' arguments. They normally get along so well, but lately, sheesh, they have fought alot. Love the garden, what a nice couple. It is so satisfying to grow something yourself.