This is a few weeks late, but still worth mentioning. After many years of talking about "getting together sometime," some of my best girlfriends and I had a girls' weekend. We planned it VERY far in advance, but we wanted to make sure it happened. This was the first time I have left Scamper for more than a few hours, so that part was difficult, but everything else about the weekend was FABULOUS! We didn't plan much, just wanted to spend some time together, and that worked out perfect for all of us. The first night we went and saw a show at the Mystique.
One of my friends is great at knitting. She spent most of the weekend knitting this bag for my other friend. Isn't it great? I want one!
Here she is knitting!

Oh, and did I mention my friend taught me how to knit? Here is my finished product. A hot pad--I know, perfect for my first knitting project, right? Classic!
Not many pictures, maybe more to come--when I get a hold of them, but it was so much fun. I wish we had done this years ago. Talking, eating out, staying in a hotel, playing games, more talking, knitting, making cards, even more talking...what can I say?! It was a perfect weekend. Thanks girls. Are you excited for next year?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
So fun! I really want to have a girl's weekend with my sisters some time (I never had a group of girl friends, sadly). Good job learning to knit - I think it looks so hard!
Now you can see why I do it. It is a great way to de-stress and have fun.
Oh, I'm so jealous of you. I've dreamt of having a girls only weekend with my old roommates since we got married! One day... yes, one day I'll get that girls night out without children or husbands.
Looks like fun!!!
Post a Comment