Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Race is Run, the Kitchen's Done!

This Saturday was crazy busy, but it was lots of fun.
I started the day by completing my first triathlon! I have always wanted to do one, so now I have. Now that it's over, I decided I probably won't ever do another one. I really don't like riding a bike much. Maybe it's because my bike is old and not fully functional, or maybe it's because I am pregnant and was uncomfortable, but mostly I think I just don't like bikes that much. But I did find that I like to swim a lot. I will definitely keep doing that. It is great exercise, and it isn't hard on my body. Here I am with my bike. Waiting for my turn to swim.



After the race was all finished I came home and started cooking for our early "Thanksgiving" feast. Since The Hubby and I are not going to be in town for Thanksgiving, we decided to do an early celebration. I love cooking a Thanksgiving meal! I am sad I forgot to take pictures, but we had a good turnout--11 adults and 6 kids. We had appetizers, turkey, potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, rolls, salad, corn, layered jello salad, and lots of pie. I am so glad we had the dinner. And I am so thankful for all that I have. Thanks to everyone who came and to my wonderful Hubby who helped in the kitchen most of the day. Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

janae said...

Holy hannah, woman, you just did a triathalon while, what, 22 weeks pregnant?!! You are amazing! I'm seriously impressed. Your pregnant belly looks super cute in that swimsuit picture. (And you can't see a belly at all with the bike. That is nuts.) WOW.

Sam just looked over my shoulder to read your post. I'm supposed to tell you, "Congrats from Sam." :)

GustoBones said...

Look at you go!! What are you likd 20 weeks and doing a triathalon? Pretty amazing! Way to go!

Catie Smith said...

Good for you X 2. I wish I could have been there for both events. You are an amazing gal!

Cara said...

Good for you! Congrats! And I can't believe you came home and cooked Thanksgiving. That's crazy! You are superwoman! :)

Unknown said...

I'm still full...