Friday, November 20, 2009

Western Caribbean


Back when I was teaching school, I did early morning math and reading tutoring. I didn't mention to The Hubby how much I got paid for that. I also spent a lot of my after-school hours donating plasma before The Hubby got home from his classes. I put all this money into a separate account that he didn't know about. Before we moved I had saved about $2500. I planned to surprise The Hubby with the best graduation present ever-- a vacation to Santiago, Chile (which is where he served his mission). Well, that didn't happen. First of all, that amount of money would buy flights to Chile, and that is about it. And second of all, we would have a 3-month-old baby boy at that time. The Hubby was excited when I told him about the trip, and we just decided to postpone until the baby was older. The trip never happened. But the money stayed safely tucked away in this separate account. Two years later, flights to Chile are still just as expensive (during the holidays, which is the only time he can take off work right now), and we are expecting another one. So The Hubby decided that instead of postponing again, we should use our money for something else. We will just have to go to Chile when we are loaded! :) So we are using the graduation money to go...ON A CRUISE to the Western Caribbean. I am so excited! We fly out tomorrow night--so be looking forward to some great pictures when we return. Bon Voyage!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Lucky! Have so much fun!

janae said...

Oh, that is so cool that you came up with the idea of having a separate account! Seriously, that is brilliant. Too bad I'm not making any money or I'd so copy you!

Cara said...

Wow! Well you sure planned ahead and were responsible! Good job! What a fun thing to look forward to! Have a blast!!!

GustoBones said...

So fun!!! Have a great time!!!!