Monday, July 11, 2011

The 4th and the Weekend

I feel the need to write something about the 4th of July, only because this is officially Scamper's first time seeing fireworks other than sparklers. We have always been lame parents, and put him to bed at bedtime. But this year, we decided it was time for him to experience fireworks! And by fireworks, I mean the little ones you light yourself. The only problem is that I seem to be inept at running my own camera, especially at night. I should probably work on that.
Primary bike parade.

Check out those freckles!
And look at how much he is enjoying this (which happens to be just a sparkler!--I didn't get any good pictures of the other fireworks).

This last weekend, the Hubby and I met my in-laws a few hours up north to enjoy a nice stay at a resort. We were so lucky to be able to use the tail-end of a friend's time-share, so it didn't cost us a thing!
We did some fun hiking.




With a little bit of water to cool off.




And LOTS of swimming at the pools there. Grandma and Grandpa sure stayed busy entertaining the little ones. It was so nice to have them there!

4 comments:

Jenni said...

That resort looks AMAZING! How cool you guys got a mini vacation.

janae said...

Haha! We've let our kids watch the big stuff, but we've never actually done sparklers or our own fireworks with them, so we're pretty lame, too. I'm shooting for the 24th now. Lucky us with two firework holidays three weeks apart!

Peter and Emily said...

How Fun! How's the new place?

Unknown said...

Glad you guys were able to get away and do something fun. Little trips with the fam are the best.