Saturday, July 26, 2008

Cute Baby = Busy Life

I really, really liked this picture, because he looks like my side of the family (right dad?), and more especially because it reminds me of my older brother who died when he was 13 months. I have always felt really close to him even though he passed away before I was born. I love you B!
Here's Scamper riding the shuttle bus in Zion National Park. I tried out a backpack my mom let me borrow. It worked out nicely.
My aunt and cousins at Zion. We had a really great day--we hiked to Weeping Rock (short, but really beautiful) and then did the Riverside Walk (easy, with water at the end that we waded in).
So, being the great mother that I am, I spent a large portion of my day making baby food. When Scamper wasn't sleeping, he was playing really well in the living room. He especially likes to play with his diapers (why not, right?) so I wasn't surprised when he made his way over to them. I should have known when he was quiet for so long that something was up. From the kitchen I could see Scamper's head and I could tell he was by the diapers. What I couldn't tell was that he had pulled out every wipe from the container. See the perfect little circle he created around himself? Needless to say, I keep the wipes in a different place now.
Scamper and his daddy on the 24th. The Hubby didn't dress very patriotically.
Scamper playing us another great composition. Doesn't he look so grown up? I love it! Down below is my first video. Are you proud of me? I finally got it to work (i.e. had enough patience to wait for it to upload). Scamper has been saying mama and dada for a while now, but never really discriminately. I was so excited when I realized he really knew what he was saying. Don't mind the Hubby. He didn't know I was recording.

6 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh, he is so cute. He really knows how to say "Mama." Lizzie used to love getting into the wipes and diapers so I had to watch them too.

Cara said...

Oh, your babe is so cute! And I totally agree, that first picture looks so much like your dad to me! Crazy!

janae said...

I love when they call you 'mama' intentionally!!! That is the BEST! He is so, so sweet!

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

So cute!! We have some of those same crawling-up-my-legs videos with our first!

Loraleigh said...

i'm so jealous. scamper needs to come over and talk for lukas so he'll get inspired to talk too!

Erika said...

What a cutie!!! Aren't they fun to watch grow up? It happens so fast. He is precious! Great video!