Throughout this process so far, I have discovered that I am business/finance illiterate. All the papers they give me to sign might as well be in Japanese. And even when they explain some of the papers I space out. You know the teacher on Charlie Brown? Yeah, that is basically what they sound like the majority of the time. I guess it's a really good thing The Hubby knows what they are saying, so he can try and re-explain it to me later (you know, when I haven't been sitting in a loan office for 2 hours).
Thursday, July 31, 2008
First House
It is true! We have finally begun the process of buying a new house. What a daunting process. But it will definitely be worth it in the end. The funny thing is, the house is only about a block and half from where we are currently renting. So the move will be car load by car load. If everything goes according to plan, we will be closing on or before August 29!
Throughout this process so far, I have discovered that I am business/finance illiterate. All the papers they give me to sign might as well be in Japanese. And even when they explain some of the papers I space out. You know the teacher on Charlie Brown? Yeah, that is basically what they sound like the majority of the time. I guess it's a really good thing The Hubby knows what they are saying, so he can try and re-explain it to me later (you know, when I haven't been sitting in a loan office for 2 hours).
This first picture is the street you see when you first turn in to the community. I completely fell in love with the old trees that give so much shade. Hard to find around here.
This is the outside of the house. We live in a little cul-de-sac which should be so nice when Scamper starts riding his bike. We are really close to a grassy play area and the pool. That will definitely be a blessing. Click on the title to see the listing of the house. Then click on photos to see the inside.
Throughout this process so far, I have discovered that I am business/finance illiterate. All the papers they give me to sign might as well be in Japanese. And even when they explain some of the papers I space out. You know the teacher on Charlie Brown? Yeah, that is basically what they sound like the majority of the time. I guess it's a really good thing The Hubby knows what they are saying, so he can try and re-explain it to me later (you know, when I haven't been sitting in a loan office for 2 hours).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
The house is darling!!! Thanks for the link to the listing - it was fun to look through all the photos. Good luck with all the paperwork, packing, etc. It is daunting, but so worth it in the end!
Crazy! I can't believe you're buying a house. So grown up! I'm totally jealous. Can't wait to see it! Now we can come and swim in your pool too! Call me when you get back from your vacation!
Congrats! Such a cute house and a great shaded street. Now if only they would leave all those toys for scamper that would be great!
That is awesome! I am so excited for you guys! You are just going to love living in your own home; there is nothing like it. Good luck on your closing!
That's so fun!!! Welcome to the world of home ownership!!!
Hey girl, congrats on the new house! That is so awesome! I hope all is well with you guys. The twins are getting bigger and they are so funny and cute. I am updating the blog and I am hoping to catch up to the present soon...it is just hard to find the time. Scamper is getting so grown up...he is adorable! Love Rach
How fun! We love our new home. It is so nice to have something to call your own! Good luck with all the paperwork, that part was not fun!!!
am i really the first to post!?! congratulations!!! when will you close on it? it is darling and there is a neighborhood pool! NICE! we will be visiting soon:) love to that there is a/c and heat oh how i miss that stuff as a given. we just couldn't find one in our price range out here! you're growing up! pretty soon scamper will be in school!:) good luck with the sale and the move!
I'm so excited for you. It looks beautiful.
Post a Comment