Monday, August 29, 2011

Coolest Bums

Yes, it's true--my kids have the coolest bums here in the desert! And if you live where it's hot, these are a must. It's a car seat cooler! I found a tutorial on this blog: http://eighteen25.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-carseat-is-cooler-than-yours.html and couldn't pass up the opportunity to make one. Every time we get into the car, both of my little guys are whining and complaining because their seats are super hot (not to mention the buckles)! There are 2 sides of fabric sewn together, with pockets on one side.
You place small ice packs in each pocket and velcro them shut. The whole thing rolls up and ties with a ribbon so you can store the whole thing in the freezer, or just the ice packs.
When you get out of the car, just place the car seat cooler on your kid's seat, and when you get back in, they will have a nice, cool place to put their bum. A small pocket of rice is sewn in the top to keep it from falling down, so the ice packs run the full length of the car seat. It doesn't get much cooler than that!
And now my kids have the coolest bums and think I'm the coolest mom!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You are the coolest Mom!

Catie Smith said...

Ditto!!

Cara said...

Wow. Very cool. :) You *are* a cool mom!

janae said...

Now that is clever!

Kelli said...

Oh. my. goodness. What an amazing invention. I must have one! If only I was more talented in the craft section. Cassidy's always crying about her seat being hot.

Megan said...

I've got to make one of these for my sister who lives in Dallas! Great find! Thanks for sharing.

The Burtons said...

That is awesome! You should teach that in Relief Society!